New Solar Tech Throws Power Companies A Curveball
by Emily Goodall Last Updated: May 5th, 2017
There are new subsidies and rebates that cover up to 100% of the costs of installing solar panels, and with solar companies set up to accommodate these homeowners, the costs to install are very minimal, near 1%. The great news is now with as little as $0 down, you can be well on your way to saving 40, 50, as high as 70% on your electric bill.
What about the disadvantages to installing solar?
1. Sunlight And Energy Interruptions – While traditional energy is prone to shortages and outages, solar energy is also dependent on some external conditions that are beyond the home owners control; mainly sun light. Individuals who live in states that receive heavy rain fall or experience dark winters should contact a local contractor for advice on whether solar panels are the best form of renewable energy for their area. For most people, the majority of their energy consumption occurs in the day time, when the sun is usually accessible, making intermittent energy with solar panels a rare occurrence.
2. Polluted Environments – One of the ironic characteristics of solar panels, is that its efficiency can be disrupted if the air quality is poor. This is because pollution can muddle the atmosphere which makes it harder for the solar panels to harvest direct sunlight.
List of top states to install solar in 2016 (in no particular order):
- New York
- New Jersey
Why are these states listed at the top? Homeowners within these states have some of the highest monthly electric bills in the US, so these states easily benefit by switching to solar. Additionally, most of these states have $0 down and free installation and leasing options available, which makes it an option for most people. Find out if your state qualifies here.
What about the advantages to installing solar?
- Solar panels are environmentally friendly
- By installing solar panels, homeowners are rewarded with government incentives (tax breaks)
- Solar panels are low maintenance
- Solar panels are silent
- Solar panel installation and costs: Financing and Lease options available
- Solar power lowers gas and electric bills
How Do I See If I Qualify
Step 2: Once you go through a few questions and enter your home info, you will find out if your area qualifies, and how much “going solar” can mean to your wallet!